Replace missing or damaged teeth with natural looking dental implants
Dental implants are modern, efficient and the most sensible alternative to replace teeth which may have been lost or damaged. Implant Supported Crowns look natural and feel great, giving you a perfect smile and better dental health. These are artificial tooth roots (surgical grade titanium) that are implanted into the jaw to support the replacement tooth. Afterwards, we will take a mold of your teeth and send it to a laboratory, where qualified technicians use the impression to build a custom made crown specifically designed for your implant.
At Renew Dental, we can PLACE and RESTORE your implants right here in our office, with out referring you to anyone else! We are pleased to have an Oral Surgeon on staff!
What are the Benefits of a Dental Implant?
- The benefit of using dental implants is that they don’t rely on neighboring teeth for support and they are permanent and stable.
- They will not come loose like dentures.
- They prevent your other teeth from shifting around due to the loss of a tooth.
- Dental Implants prevent bone loss in your jaw.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
A good candidate for dental implants will have healthy gums and enough bone in the jaw to support the implant. If the bone in your jaw is insufficient (too thin or soft) to anchor and support an implant properly then you may require a bone grafting procedure before the implant can be placed.
You also may require a Sinus Lift if there is not enough bone height in your upper jaw or if your sinuses are too close together.
The Dental Implant Procedure
The implant placement procedure is as follows:
- The titanium implant is placed in the jawbone surgically by our dental implant specialist. They will use the information gathered from your X-Rays to precisely place the implant.
- Healing time typically takes a few weeks to a few months. During this time the titanium implant will actually fuse with your natural jaw bone in a process called osseointegration. This will create a stable foundation for the crown that will be placed at the end of the healing process.
- Once the osseointegration process is complete and the implant has completely fused to your jawbone, an abutment is placed on top of your gumline. This is what the crown will be attached to when it is time to be placed.
- In the last step of the process, a single crown, an implant supported bridge or a denture is attached to the abutment to complete the procedure.
Types Of Implants That We Offer
Renew Dental uses the highest quality, American-made implants in our procedures. There are several different options:
- Single Implant – Tooth Replacement: This is a ideal if you are missing a single tooth. A single implant is placed and a crown restoration is then attached on top of the implant to replace the missing tooth. This is a full crown that is attached, not a tooth cap like what is normally used to cover a damaged tooth. A dental implant, if properly maintained, can last a lifetime. It is a much more reliable option than a bridge or flipper.
- Multiple Implants – Teeth Replacement: If you are missing more than one tooth, but still has healthy gums and surrounding teeth, a multiple implants solution may be your best option. Two fixtures are implanted and the crowns or fixed bridge are attached to them.