The first step to being free from your dental fear is having a consultation with our Oral Surgeon. He is compassionate and friendly and will help you resolve your dental fears and anxiety. Do you have any questions or want to know more about IV sedation? Please call us today at (931)291-9373 to schedule your appointment.
IV Moderate Sedation
An anesthetic drug is injected into the veins to achieve the sedation. Currently, most of the dentists prefer this method due to the plethora of benefits it offers. These include:
- It is a type of conscious sedation as the patient is virtually awake and can respond to stimuli like physical touch, verbal suggestions, etc.
- The patient goes into a state of relaxation and calmness, and so the dentist can easily carry out dental therapy.
- The total treatment time is reduced as the patient becomes comfortable and compliant. Moreover, your dentist can also carry out other dental procedures within the same appointment.
- This technique does not require the installation of an endotracheal tube in the respiratory tract to maintain breathing, unlike general anesthesia. The vital functions of the body can be sufficiently preserved without the need for medical collaboration.
- IV sedation causes complete or partial loss of memory about the event. This type of memory loss is advantageous as you will remember only a few aspects or nothing about the dental procedure.
- Patients can recover fast and continue with their routine with IV sedation.
- IV sedation is comparatively safer than general anesthesia.
However, not everyone is a candidate for IV sedation. The Oral surgeon will first carry out a detailed clinical examination and take into account your medical history before deciding to go for IV sedation. You will receive all the instructions before the process is started. Also, Dr. Mckenzie and his well-trained team will monitor you continuously during the IV sedation. The safety of patients is our motto, and you can rest your trust in us. Dr. Mckenzie has received extensive training in IV sedation during his residency. He has also completed many advanced continuing education courses in sedation dentistry. Thus, you can be sure that you’re in safe hands.
“After spending 30 years with another practice my insurance changed and I was forced to find a new doctor. What a blessing it turned out to be…Dr. Montee is amazing and Renew has quickly welcomed me to the family.”